Tax help -2024

Tax Help – 2024

Tax help is available at Cobram Community House

from August 8th on Tuesday mornings.

It is essential that appointments are made beforehand.

Please phone to make an appointment on 03 5872 2224.

NOTE: Each person using this service MUST have a MyGov account.

We can help you create a MyGov account before your appointment.

Tax help volunteers are people from within the community who give up their time each year. They are not ATO staff.

Our Tax help volunteers are only able to help with fairly straightforward tax returns.

Am I eligible for Tax Help?
You are eligible for Tax Help in if your income is around $60,000 or less for the income year and you did NOT:

  • Work as a contractor, for example a contract cleaner or taxi driver
  • Run a business, including as a sole trader
  • Have partnership or trust matters
  • Sell shares or an investment property
  • Own a rental property
  • Have capital gains tax (CGT)
  • Receive royalties
  • Receive distributions from a trust, other than a managed fund
  • Receive foreign income, other than a foreign pension or annuity.

If our volunteers work out that you don’t need to lodge a tax return, they can help you complete a non-lodgment advice.

Volunteers are unable to help you with amendments.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *