Students will be contacted in relation to their studies, which will, in most cases, recommence on-line after the school holidays.
In relation to Centrelink service provision, we will not be offering an Agency service for the immediate future. Centrelink has advised that all business can be conducted on-line or over the phone, including the issuing of CRN numbers, myGov linking codes and identification processes.
We apologise for any inconvenience but hope that this small action will help our community in the long run.
COVID-19 Things you should know:
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR STUDENTS & STAFF
COVID-19 (Coronavirus) and how it affects Cobram Community House students and staff.
The Department of Education and Training together with Department of Health and Human Services has provided guidelines for higher education services.
As per the guidelines, Cobram Community House will implement the following actions as of 16th March 2020.
* Students will be asked if they have, or have been in contact with a person who is a, confirmed case of COVID-19
* Students will be asked if they have returned from one of the 4 countries listed below.
o Mainland China since 1st February 2020
o Iran since 1st March 2020
o Korea since 5th March 2020, or
o Italy since 11th March 2020
* If you have returned from one of the above countries in the last 14 days OR from overseas since Midnight March 15th you are NOT to attend Cobram Community House and are to isolate at home for 14 days from the date of your return.
* Unwell students and staff will be sent home, where they should remain until symptoms resolve and it is up to the individual to seek medical assistance as required.
* Support will be arranged for students that cannot attend regular classes.
* Cobram Community House will contact Department of Health and Human Services (1300 651 160) if:
o Student or staff is a confirmed case of COVID-19
o Student or staff is a close contact of a confirmed case of
COVID-19 in the past 14 days.
* A close contact is classified as:
- having had at least 15 minutes face to face contact with a confirmed case
- shared a close space for more than 2 hours with a confirmed case.
Staff at Cobram Community House appreciate your understanding at this critical time and are happy to answer any questions you may have. Alternatively, you can find further information at the websites of Department of Education and Training and Department of Health and Human Services for additional information and updates.
CENTRELINK - If you are affected by coronavirus (COVID-19)
Information and services to help you if you’re affected by coronavirus (COVID-19) or looking for more details.
If you're feeling unwell, or need to isolate yourself at home, please don't visit our service centres. If you’re worried you may have coronavirus, call your doctor and let them know. You may also be able to either:
· contact your state or territory health authority about how to get tested
· ask your doctor about a telehealth appointment
· read the Department of Health's guide to isolating yourself at home.
You can do most of your Centrelink, Medicare and Child Support business with us online, with our Express Plus apps or using phone self service. Find out about our self service options.
If you visit our service centres, our staff may ask you if you have recently returned from overseas.
They may also ask you if you’ve been in contact with someone who has coronavirus.
If you say yes, they’ll ask you to leave the service centre and use our online or phone services instead. Our staff will try to call you to check you were able to do what you needed to do.
Currently all our service centres are open during our usual business hours. To keep up to date with closures of our service centres you can check our customer service changes.
For details about how you can protect yourself from the novel coronavirus, read the Department of Health Coronavirus (COVID-19) health alert.
You can also call the Coronavirus Health Information Line on 1800 020 080. The line operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.